I communicate my science and expertise via both outreach and commercial services to the exploration and minerals sector. Examples of my activities include:
- TV or Radio Interviews – on topical issues related to resources or volcanic processes.
- Submitting Evidence to Scottish, UK and European Government Policy Evidence calls.
- Professional Short Courses on topics as diverse as Critical Metal Ores, Exploration in Alkaline Igneous Systems and the Luminescence Properties of Minerals.
- Consultancy, meeting the needs of individual clients on a case-by-case basis involving mixtures of analytical work and site visits.
- School Outreach – often via the University Outreach Group GeoBus.
- GeoPark Management and Geological Heritage – particularly in the Lochaber GeoPark of which I am a director.
- Writing Discussion Pieces on Scientific Breakthroughs and Work.
Past Examples of Outreach include:
- Evidence to UK Government Committees on Critical Metals Resource Issues.
- Hosting discussion at Scotland House, Brussels, on issues of Sustainability around the European Critical Raw Materials Act.
- Presentation on the History of Arctic Exploration from Fife for the Polar Academy.
- Discussion piece in the Conversation about how sulfur isotopes allow us insights into global cycling.